Sunday, April 5, 2009

The Backyard Fence

Last summer was the season of the "backyard fence". I eagerly bought the posts, the ropes, and all the other materials. They then sat on the back patio as I contemplated how to get the job done. Then one day my brothers showed up. The next day the job was done. We now feel a little safer with at least one barrier between Trey and Warren and the lake.


Brothers Dave and John helping me get things started



With a full days work ahead of us.



Dave & John helping me get after it.



Working with my brother John



Working with my brother Dave



Making Good Progress...



Brothers take a break to talk over design



Your Project Foreman



Working on the back gate



Burning the ends of the rope



Back gate from the yard side



Back gate from the lake side



Trimming down the fence posts



Finished Product!

2 comments:

Derek White said...

That's so cool to see the entire project--and see John and Dave there helping you, Scott. And the finished product looks awesome. Thanks for sharing.

David Wildes said...

Scott,

Hi! My name is David Wildes and I'm with Watoto Child Care Ministries. Keri contacted us last year when the Watoto Children's Choir was touring through Washington. The choir will be back in Washington in 2011 and I'd love to talk with you about your church hosting a concert.

David Wildes
david.wildes@watoto.com
1-866-492-8686